Ways to Support Mission
Your gift to Presbyterian mission is compelled by the words of Jesus in Matthew 25: “Lord when did we see you…” The church is called to serve and to save the lost, the least, the left out.
Shared Mission Support
We are the Church…TOGETHER – congregation, mid-council, national level – we live out the call of Christ. When you give to Shared mission you are giving without restriction to your mid-council and the national level of your church. Your shared mission gift makes it possible, in times of urgency, when the church must be heard, to respond in a timely manner.
Since our earliest days as a denomination, we have joined together in support of the mission of the whole Church. As Presbyterians, we live and engage in ministry as members of a connectional system, professing by our actions — and with our gifts — that we can accomplish far more together than any one of us can do alone.
Directed Mission Support
- You or your congregation may wish to make a gift over and above shared mission support. You may have a ministry (or a season!) when you feel a ministry has an urgency or immediacy.
- Our General Assembly has mandated designated giving opportunities to four Special Offerings:
- One Great Hour of Sharing: sharing God’s love with our neighbors in need by relieving hunger, promoting development, and assisting in areas of disaster
- Pentecost: nurturing the faith of those who are the church to come – children, youth, and young adults
- Peace & Global Witness: promoting the peace of Christ by addressing systems of conflict and injustice around the world
- Christmas Joy: providing assistance to church workers in their time of need and developing our future leaders at Presbyterian-related schools and colleges equipping communities of color
Congregational and Individual Giving
Both support the work of the Presbyterian Mission Agency. Congregations have been and continue to be the PMA’s major source of funding. We deeply appreciate the generous congregations across the country that support the PMA’s work. We also welcome individuals to support PMA ministries directly with dollars that are over and above their regular congregational gifts. We are grateful for the many Presbyterians who feel passionately about Presbyterian mission and who want to provide direct financial support