Too few of us have completed a deep dive into what we could/should do about Dismantling Racism and Privilege in ourselves, our community, our nation and our world.
Today’s Blog Space… please read a Letter from a Birmingham Jail Found Here
Here are some resources that might help further the conversation:
- “Facing Racism: A Vision of the Intercultural Community” — PC(USA) churchwide antiracism policy, approved by the 222nd General Assembly (2016). | Companion study guide.
- The Belhar Confession – added to the Book of Confessions by the 222nd General Assembly (2016). | Study guide.
- “Good White Racist? Confronting Your Role in Racial Injustice” by Kerry Connelly (March 2020)
- “For Beautiful Black Boys Who Believe in a Better World” by Michael W. Waters (coming September 2020) – Preorder. | Free discussion and activity guide.
- “Ten Essential Strategies for Becoming a Multiracial Congregation” by Jacqueline J. Lewis and John Janka (March 2018)
- “Brian the Brave” by Paul Stewart and Jane Porter (August 2019) – children’s book
- “No Innocent Bystanders: Becoming an Ally in the Struggle for Justice” by Shannon Craigo-Snell and Christopher Doucot (October 2017)
- “Preaching About Racism: A Guide for Faith Leaders” by Carolyn B. Helsel (December 2018)
- “Anxious to Talk About It: Helping White Christians Talk Faithfully about Racism” by Carolyn B. Helsel (February 2018)
- “Race in a Post-Obama America: The Church Responds” by David Maxwell and Otis Moss III (May 2016)
- “Waking Up White, and Finding Myself in the Story of Race” by Debby Irving (January 2014)
- “Me and White Supremacy: Combat Racism, Change the World, and Become a Good Ancestor” by Layla F. Saad (January 2020)