Merry Christmas!

Blog Post by
Rev. Dr. Craig M. Howard
Presbytery Leader
choward@glpby.org

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! Blessing to all this Christmas and Advent season. It is a pleasure serving the presbytery of Giddings-Lovejoy. As we enter 2019, I have been reflecting on what it means to be your permanent presbytery leader. First, it is an honor to serve in this role. It means Marilyn and I are putting a stake in the ground and make St. Louis county our home. We plan to purchase a house in 2019. This will be the first home for us together. Since being married for 14 years, Marilyn and I have lived in five different cities. We’re ready to settle down!

I will write an extensive blog in January outlining plans and ideas for 2019. For now, I just want to say thank you. Serving in Giddings-Lovejoy has been life changing for me. It is a joy to pour my life and energy into the work of this ministry. I have met so many of you at your church, presbytery gatherings, or various events. My mind is filled with smiling faces, generous hugs and handshakes, and kind words. Truly being your presbytery leader is a gift exchange.

Again, I say Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! Blessings as we go forward together into the New Year.

Rev. Craig M. Howard

8 Responses to “Merry Christmas!”

1. Clyde Crumpton on

Welcome to St. Louis and congratulations as our Permanent Executive Leader! We, of Giddings-Lovejoy and St. Louis, are blessed to have you and Marilyn in leadership and fellowship, respectively. God’s blessings of love, peace, joy and successes throughout the new year and the years ahead. Thank you!

2. Jim Cook on

Having the job where it seems only the most difficult issues reach your desk, is a challenge that not everyone can embrace and excel in. Thanks for your gifts to GLPBY. Merry Christmas and a Happy and Blessed New Year. Jim and Pat Cook.

3. Eldon McKie on

Craig… And you are a gift to us. The Lord provides! Happy New Year to you as we look forward to ministry and mission together.

4. Milton A Robinson on

Rev. Dr. Craig M. Howard
    Presbytery Leader
    Be Blessed my brother, God has placed us where he wants us to be. I look forward to working with you. Thank God for you!
    Milton Robinson Elder @ Cote Brilliante PC StL

5. Barbara G. Willock on

Craig ~ I am so glad you are excited about your call, but I wonder if you can be as excited as we are to have you as our presbytery leader. We, too, have been on a long journey and it feels to good to have such good leadership in place. Praise God for the gifts that are being showered on us all everyday and for the blessings of getting to grow our relationship with God together.

Shalom,

Barbara

6. Carrie Rao on

Craig –
    Ditto to all the previous responses! We are all so blessed to have you and Marilyn here among us, and so amazed to hear you express your gratitude and enthusiasm as well. As a Presbyterian church and session member, I feel so positive about your ability to lead our presbytery into the future; as your Personnel Moderator, I could not be more proud to have participated in the decision to call you as our leader! We have collectively made an excellent decision and we hope we can make your decision to stay the best one you have ever made. Happy New Year! I look so forward to working with you more. Peace-